Beti Bachao, Beti padhao
The Beti Padhao Beti Bachao movement launched by the Government with an alliance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Women and Child Development & Ministry of Human Resource Development.
‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’Ministry stress at addressing the issue down-graph of female Child Sex Ratio (CSR) in Nation. Sukanya Samridhhi yojna is also part of beti Bachao,beti Padhao.
Beti Padhao Beti Bachao Prospects to banish female foeticide and assuring her growth in education and empowerment.
Beti Bachao, Beti padhao scheme is comprehensive, focusing on the below points.
- Reforming parents’ mindset of seeing a girl child as a burden.
- Continuation of girl’s education.
- Creating gender equality.
- Quitting dowry and other toxic traditions.
- Safe environment for her.
- Encouraging higher education and a humble wedding.
- Standing equal chance to inherit property.
- Celebration of womanhood.
The Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign shall be aggressively followed in 100 selected districts in the country which have low CSR. These are selected through CSR reports.
- Above national average but increasing CSR (5 states)
- Above national average but declining CSR (8 districts)
- Below the national average.
Administration of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
Government Set Rs.100 crore budget for the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign under the ‘Care and Protection of Girl Child – A Multi-Sectoral Action Plan’. However, the scheme is estimated to cost around Rs.200 crore.
The evaluation of the success of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme will be done at the end of the 12th five-year plan and subsequent corrective measures will be taken if needed. The said scheme will be evaluated on parameters like the birth ratio of males & females. ultrasound requests or killing female child reports and others.
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Implementation
The Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme is aimed at obtaining above mention points and some below-given points hold importance in the scheme.
- Providing equal opportunities and respect to a girl.
- Trigger healthy debates and public discourse or information about girls’ value in society.
- High focus on select ‘gender critical’ districts that have low CSR from the whole nation needs a detailed strategic approach besides intensive and coordinated planning to establish gender equality.
For more information, you can go on this site and search it.