Guest Blogging Secrets
Firstly, Guest blogging can also be called a guest posting. It refers to the process of publishing a post to another person’s blog in order to create relationships, exposure, authority, and links. In addition, guest bloggers used to write for another blog within their industry in order to:
- Attract traffic back to their website
- Improve their domain authority using some external links in order to build high-authority domains
- Increase their brand credibility and awareness, and
- Build relationships with peers in their industry.
In addition, links are one of the prime ranking factors in Google. And in SEO, guest posting comes up with a strong opportunity to secure a link back from another website, in addition to the other marketing considerations. Guest posting creates a relationship with the blogger hosting your post, promotes the brand into their active audience for additional exposure. And also it helps you to build authority among an active audience. The concept is very simple: let me describe you with a short example: write a blog article as per the instructions and the requirements of a particular blogger and get a backlink in return, usually in the bottom of the content. Bloggers are very much attentive in posting high-quality content on their blogs which they can use in order to attract new readers, as well as share with their current active audience. This makes guest posting a win-win solution for both website owners, who want to rank higher in search engines (and need links to do so), and bloggers who are interested in attracting more readers to their blog.
Does the Guest posting still work?
Guest blogging still does it’s work in 2019. The bottom line is that guest posting. The facts speak for itself and show that it is still an important way to get high-quality links. But guest posting successful in 2019 is a very different thing than it was even a few years back.
Why Is Guest Blogging Important For Your Business?
Guest blogging comes up with a number of benefits for any business. By sharing your expertise on other companies’ websites, you can build yourself as an authority figure within your market, establishes a relationship with other thought leaders in your field and promote your brand to an entirely new active audience.
Additionally, featuring guest posts on your own blog will serve you by delivering new perspectives and fresh content to your audience. We’re all ashamed of falling victim to a routine and growing tired of the same old stuff, so featuring guest posts is a better way to keep readers engaged not to introduce the promotional improvement that occurs when your guest bloggers share their blogs with their personal network.
Most of the blogs, like OpenView, source the majority of their content from other leaders in their industry. Even if you don’t have the resources, guest bloggers can help you come up with new content to your readers without much additional time and effort needed by your team.
Should you accept guest posts?
For most, guest Blogging or posting is all about contributing your content to other websites. However, there is also a big chance when you allow others to guest post on your website. Accepting guest posts is a great way in order to improve your blog without having to do a ton of work.
Secrets to Guest Blogging Success
We will discuss the eight mind-blowing secrets to guest blogging success. They are as follows:-
1. Develop Relationships with Niche Influencers Beforehand
Building the relationships with influencers in your space now rather than later can give you an extra privilege over the competitors while you are pitching. Most of the sites typically acquire thousands of pitches. If a host blogger knows you, the chances of your email being opened rise significantly. These days most of the site owners won’t look over at a pitch from a total stranger.
Here’s how to build up into the radar of niche influencers:
- First, write them a thank you note.
- Secondly, share their posts.
- Lastly, try to reach out to them on social media.
Try to understand all this and do it and you’ll be instantly acquired when you pitch. You’ll get a head start on your competition. When you do this genuinely amazing thing will happen.
2. Carefully Select Your Target Sites
Many businesses declare that guest blogging isn’t working for them. Often, the main reason for the depressing results is choosing the wrong sites. Monitoring into the guest blogging campaign without selecting your target sites properly only leads to failure.
The confidential to success is picking your targets with care. Select the proper blogs that fit what your company wants to get. Target well-known sites in your space that are visited by the audience you are after. Zero in on general sites that may be interested in your topic (e.g., if you are a website designer you can publish to a marketing site and talk about how to design a smashing marketing site).
3. Pitch Like a Pro, Not a Bungling Amateur
Without a pitch, your guest post campaign falls down.
The key secrets to winning pitches are sidestepping rookie mistakes like:
- Failure to include the host’s name or getting it wrong: Check the target site’s about page so you get the name right.
- Not taking in links to your previous work: Throw in at least three links to your previous posts in order to explore your writing talent to the host.
- Pitching topics totally separate from the site: Make sure that your topic explains the blog perfectly.
- Glaring grammar and spelling mistakes: Use editing tools like Grammarly to improve and polish to your post.
Not reading and following the writers’ guidelines: You can find the writer’s guidelines on the main menu, sidebar, or footer. These common phrases are used to describe the guidelines page: “writers guidelines”, “write for us”, or “contribute”.
4. Pitch a Fully Written Customized Post
Every site is looking for quality enriched content to keep its content marketing engine growing.
If you are showing a site owner, a publish-ready customized post, you are more probably to get an answer as yes.
To achieve this approach, follow these steps:
- Firstly, use a tool like BuzzSumo to analyze the top-performing posts on the site and model them.
- After that, look for a content gap to fill. Do this by scouring the comments of popular posts to hear what the audience wants to learn more about.
- Next, make sure you link to other related posts on the host site. Webmasters appreciate this as it saves them time.
- Finally, include their favorite sites in external links. To find these, test the sites backlink profile using Link Explorer or Monitor Backlinks. This will let the host know their site and mission.
5. Offer an Extra Resource Alongside the Post
To increase your chances of having your pitch accepted, go the extra mile.
Just provide the host with a valuable resource that describes the post.
Here are super simple types of content upgrades you can come up with:
- A checklist
- A template
- A cheatsheet
- A case study
- A list of resources
- A PDF version of the post
Let’s discuss an example: the host publication is related to camping. You can make up a New Campers Checklist PDF. The host can make it available to the readers as a free download and increase their email list.
This displays that the host how serious you are about adding value to their active audience. On seeing this unparalleled commitment, they’ll say yes.
6. Include a Relevant Contextual Backlink
Mostly, blog owners don’t enable links in the post itself.
Does this mean acquiring a link in the body is impossible? Not at all. What webmasters want are important resources that add value to an article.
Here’s the intel on getting a contextual backlink.
- Ask: When you are updated about links, the site owner will observe your motives are good and grant your request.
- Relevance: As long as what you’re linking to adds value to the post, you will definitely succeed.
- Natural: If the link is not forced, but fits naturally into the context of your subject, you’ll get the green light.
7. Optimize Your Author Bio for Maximum Conversions
Mostly, the last thing is that guest posters think about is their bio if at all.
This is a huge mistake.
The hidden secret of successful guest posts is an optimized author bio.
- Statistics from LinkedIn explains the power of including a photo on your social media profiles. Show off your personality so that readers can come to you.
- Keep away yourself from using a one-size-fits-all bio. Tweak it to fit the specific audience you are writing for. You will relate better with audiences.
- Manipulate your keywords into the copy.
- Add some social proof so that readers will take you seriously.
- The bio covers all the bases of your content.
- It consists of a pro-looking headshot, backlinks to my site, shares my company’s unique selling proposition and highlights my authority by showcasing my book.
8. Link to a Devoted Landing Page, Not the Homepage
Whenever you write a guest post, do all you can to increase gains on the warm traffic you get.
Let’s discuss how you will link to a special landing page.
Here’s how to do just that.
- Design a specific page focussed at your host site’s visitors instead of sending traffic to a generic page.
- Complement your guest post by providing users an important giveaway that suits the campaign you are running.
- Use similar language on your author bio and landing page to allow readers to relate the two pages easily.
- Empty the page of anything that may cause readers to go out of the page without converting or taking the desired action (e.g. don’t add a link to other pages).
Most Important Questions to Discuss
Do guest bloggers get payment?
It totally depends on the blog, but, most guest bloggers are doing it for the networking experience and the chances will increase to have new readers click through to their own blog or website.
2. How do you attract guest bloggers?
- Become a recognizable brand name.
- Create a ‘Write For Us’ Page.
- Be a Rockstar.
- Open a valuable dialogue first.
- Focus on writing Facebook groups for authors.
- Create a form directly on your website.
- Get your name out there.
- Make it a collaborative effort.
3. What is guest post outreach?
Guest blogging outreach is a planned way to connect with your target active audience on other websites they use. It extends your reach and will lead to promoting your brand. But you can only effectively and properly use blogger outreach if you will get noticed by editors and published on the right platforms.
4. How do I find guest posting opportunities?
You must search for “your niche + blogs” is the quickest and most effective way to find appropriate blogs for your industry. Once you find the blogs in what you show interest, first check to see if they established guest post system, or if they accepted guest posts in the past.
5. How do you write an amazing pitch?
- First, introduce your story idea and define your angle.
- Secondly, explain why your idea is timely, unique, important, and/or of interest to Generation Progress readers.
- Next, estimate a deadline for your piece.
- After that, include your phone number and email address.
- Lastly, you can also add clips and/or writing samples to explain your experience.
For more information, you can search on google and can find out your answers.