What is SEO?
Search engine optimization or SEO is the most relevant procedure of building up the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the perceptibility of a website for the users of a web search engine. It helps in the development of unpaid results and prohibits direct traffic/visitors and the purchase of paid placement. Its main center of attention is on different kinds of searches, including image search, video search, academic search, news search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. It is a process of optimization of the quality and quantity of traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on web search engines. In order to understand this, the certain processes may occur like search engines will scan, or crawl, different websites to make it more optimizing what the site is actually about.
What goes into SEO?
–What goes into SEO? In order to know the precise meaning of SEO, we must focus on the definition and what goes into it are as follows:-
1. Quality of traffic -You can please the visitors of your website only when if you are offering the products in which the visitors are genuinely interested. For example – If Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when really you’re a farmer selling apples, which doesn’t mean that you are providing the quality services.
2. Quantity of traffic- More traffic is better once if you have the right people who are clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs).
3. Organic results- Ads make up a notable portion of many SERPs ( Search Engine Results Pages). Organic traffic is a free type of traffic in which you don’t have to pay for.
How to optimize a website?
Optimizing a website that may include editing content, the addition of contents, and improving HTML websites and related coding to both improve its relevance to particular keywords and remove barriers to some of the indexing activities of search engines like Google https://www.google.com/, Yahoo, etc.
In order to promote a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.
Some of the specific reasons and importances to optimize the website are as mentioned below:-
- Provide a useful website for the specific audience
- Increase your organic traffic
- Capitalization of existing traffic
- Force your website to work harder
- Deliver your audience what they want and expect
Some of the steps to optimize your website for SEO are as follows:-
- First of all, analyze all of your website data
- Keywords research should be conducted
- Introduce long and value-rich content
- Optimize for on-page SEO
- Optimize for off-page SEO
- Optimize the website for the mobile
- Speed up the pages
- Get quality backlinks
- Speed up the pages get quality backlinks
Why it is important to optimize our website?
SEO is a fundamental part of any effective business strategy.
In accordance to illustrate its importance, let’s focus on some of the basic reasons for which you should be optimizing your site.
- It can help us in building up our brand.
- An optimized website earns more traffic.
- It doesn’t require any payment for the ad space.
- It helps to find the website for our audience.
- It boosts our authority and credibility.
- It will always help you to stand ahead among your competitors.
- It develops user experiences.
- It’s very easy to measure virtually.
Types of SEO
SEO is the practice of building up a website that must be easier to understand by search engines and must be friendlier for users. The main objective of SEO is to increase organic traffic from search engines by upgrading the positions of the website which appears in the SERPS for various search terms.
To make it easier to handle, the industry has categorized into different types of SEO. Each type has its own importance.
The different types of SEO are not for different processes, it’s just a path of breaking down a complex process in various smaller processes so that it could be easily managed.
The various SEO types are:
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Content SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- eCommerce SEO
The most important among them are Technical, On-Page and Off-Page SEO.
Technical SEO is a type in which technical parameters affect the visibility of a website in search engines or web pages.
The main objective of technical SEO is to ensure that search engine crawlers can crawl and index a website without facing any difficulties.
Some of the most important technical SEO guidelines are:
- First of all, check and optimize your robots.txt to ensure that search engines can properly access your website.
- Then you must add and verify your website with Google Search Console and specify your preferred domain.
- And use the COVERAGE report in order to search and fix crawl errors.
- Then try to create an XML Sitemap and submit to all the major web search engines.
- Start optimizing your site structure and URL structure.
- Follow the rules of SEO Friendly web design
- Create websites that can be uploaded fast on both desktop and mobile devices.
2. On-Page SEO
On-Page SEO is a type of SEO that is to be done with the page itself and in order to make more effective search engines and users.
It should be mentioned that while search engines look over a particular website as a whole. The ranking will be performed on a page-level basis.
That’s why it’s important to be very careful while doing the optimization of each and every page on your website.
Some of the most important on-page SEO guidelines are:
A. Optimize your page titles
This is a very relevant SEO factor. Page titles should be interesting for users to click and these are shown on the search engines. The title of a page should also highlight search engine clues on what the page content is all about.
B. Optimize your H1 Tag
Afterwhile the page title is displayed in the SERPS, the H1 tag is shown as the top heading of a page. An optimized page has only one H1 tag. Usually, it has the same values as the page title has.
C. Optimize your headings
After the H1 tag, there is a page having subheadings (H2, H3) for the different sections. Subheadings make the page easier to read by users and can be easily scanned by crawlers.
D. SEO for Images
The images should be properly optimized before the use of images on a page, otherwise, search engines cannot understand what they will represent. Some of the things like optimizing the filename, file size and ALT text are very critical to understand for image SEO.
E. Page formatting
If we start publishing a page consisting of text and images without spending time in order to beautify the content is not a sign of good SEO practice. As we all know that Google cannot ‘see’ any page as we humans can see, they have many ways to understand how a page looks or if it has plenty of ads or not which is considered during the ranking process.
Content SEO is a subdivision of on-page SEO. Content SEO tells us about the quality of the content and how it will help to make it better.
It is a very important SEO success factor, which is also considered as one of the main types of SEO. While seeing many of the cases, we can see the content guidelines mentioned under on-page SEO, which is also a correct approach.
In order to publish great content so that users will enjoy reading and search engines can understand which may be the winning factor.
We should follow these guidelines to achieve this:
- Initiate your content writing process with the research of keywords.
- Find our SEO keywords which will be beneficial for your website and incorporate them in your content.
- Always look for long-tail keywords and semantically related (or LSI) keywords, and mention them in your titles, headings and main content.
- Let the content punished must be long enough so that users can get the full content related to the topic that they actually want and search engines to have enough clues in order to understand the context of your content.
- Try to create links with other high-quality websites and other pages of your website in order to help users learn more about a topic.
- Try to make use of schemas and structured data to point out important parts of search engines of our content.
4. Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO includes all the details related to promotion work. We came to know about the previous SEO types mainly focussed more on the website infrastructure and content. But off-page SEO has to deal with the particular techniques which you can use to promote your website on the Internet.
There are some websites that are very popular are more likely to rank higher on Google than others which are less popular websites.
The most important off-page SEO methods are:
A. Link Building Link building is a practice of acquiring SEO backlinks from other websites. These backlinks behave as ‘votes of trust’ and helps to increase the authority of the target website.
B. Brand Promotion As per the results, Google relates to rank known brands higher on the webpage because people trust them. Apart from promoting your website to acquire backlinks, you should also focus on promoting your brand and encourage communications related to it in the several social media networks and forums. Google will look upon these signals and reward website which people talk about.
5. Local SEO
Local SEO is a type of SEO that is best suited for local businesses only. Similarly, if you have a website whose main objective is to attract clients visiting your local store. For that purpose, you should optimize your website for local SEO.
Some of the important guidelines for Local SEO are as follows:-
- First ensure that you must have your business name, address, contact details on all pages of your website.
- Then, add the Local Business schema on your homepage
- Then, create a Google My Business Account
- Next, initiate the registration process of your business with some of the trusted directories such as help, Yahoo small business, Foursquare and others.
- Then start promoting your website on local directories and websites (for example online local newspapers).
- Recommend Reading: Our local SEO checklist covers all the details you need to know about Local SEO optimization.
Mobile SEO is also a subset of SEO mainly specified for mobile devices. It’s a real fact that moreover than 60% of Google searches are now performed on mobile devices. This is a large number and a very good indicator that the Internet is moving forward from the traditional desktop and switching to mobile devices. This is also the fundamental reason that Google decided to make a mobile-first index. And start indexing the mobile-friendly version of a website in spite of the desktop version.
While working on Mobile SEO, you need to ensure some of the facts like:-
- Your website is mobile-friendly. Implementing a mobile-friendly test is a good starting point.
- The website loads fast on mobile.
- The website is very easy to use on mobile.
7. E-Commerce SEO
E-Commerce is a very large industry. If we consider search engine optimization in e-commerce, optimizing an e-commerce website is much more complicated than working on a blog or a corporate website. You may get more pages to optimize and it’s very difficult to promote an e-commerce website.
The most important e-commerce SEO factors are:
- Optimization of an online shop initiates with two of the pages one is the homepage and another one is category pages. Before you start working on your product pages, these two pages should be properly optimized.
- Optimize your product pages which must be based on the results of your keyword research.
- Optimize all the visual elements of your store such as images, videos.
- Include the necessary schemas (product, offers, etc.)
- Promote your store on social media networks like newspapers, Facebook, etc.
- Think of creative paths to link people to your product pages
- Start a blog and publish content related to your products and how they can help people to solve their problems.
Tools of SEO –
SEO tools will help in assisting the website owners to rank higher in web pages. It’s objective is to optimize Web content by examining contents keywords, backlinks, and other SEO considerations. SEO tools interpret the potential of Web pages for high placement on search engine ranking pages. They provide relevant information on backlinks and keywords as well as insights into SEO competition on the Internet. Let’s discuss some of the category-wise top listed tools of SEO.
1. Keyword Research
- Google Keyword Planner
- Long-tail Pro
2. Technical SEO
- Screaming Frog
3. Backlink Monitoring and Analysis
- Open Site Explorer
4. Link Building
- Link Research Tools
5. Rank Tracking
- Google Search Console
- Advanced Web Ranking
- Authority Labs
- Google Keyword Planner:- The Keyword Planner is one of the better parts of the Google Adwords advertising platform. It allows users to search and analyze keywords with their search volumes.
- SEMrush:- It’s is an online SEO tool designed for looking after a domain’s position in search. It also helps in the ranking of the keywords and other related keywords which might generate more traffic.
- Long-tail Pro:- You must not be an SEO master to use this tool. The user interface is very simple and straightforward. You will easily learn how to use. This SEO tool is much more than just a keyword research tool, as it’s packed with thousands of features and now available in the online version as well.
2. Technical SEO
- Screaming Frog:- The Screaming Frog “crawls” through the website and creates a list of all your internal web pages. It maintains a track on the crawling level, creates internal and outbound links per-page, keyword elements like title and description and their lengths and the HTTP status codes. The new version has some delight features to use.
- DeepCrawl:- DeepCrawl crawls on any website to the deepest level. It provides accurate and exact information about a variety of topics. They enlist the information by indexation, content validation universal and site explorer. It is an important tool that tracks all the technical issues that might be preventing the website from doing better in the SERPS.
- Woorank:- It’s designed to allow publishers of the website and marketers who will evaluate the SEO-friendliness free of charge.
3. Backlink Monitoring and Analysis
- Ahrefs:- It is a link research tool basically used by digital marketers all over the world. It’s a popular toolset for backlinks and SEO analysis.
- Open Site Explorer:- It was developed by Moz.com. Open Site Explorer is an optimization tool, also called a search engine for links. It helps to track the links which are leading to their website.
- Majestic:- It was claimed to be the planet’s largest Link Index database. Majestic’s Backlink Checker tools are recognized as World Class, especially based on the world’s most comprehensive back-link data crawled from all over the world.
4. Link Building
- Link Research Tools:- Link Research Tool is one of the best internet marketing tools. It provides different features like a full aggregation of 24 sources, re-crawling, and validation of all links.
- Ontolo:- Ontolo is designed to find link prospects based on topic, link types and phrases you provide. Ontolo not only made their tools for beginners but also makes for hardcore advanced users.
- Whitespark:- it helps to improve your rankings and uncover the best link opportunities with the Link Prospector. It discovers 1000s of link building & outreach prospects in a minute with the help of Whitespark link prospector and citation tools.
5. Rank Tracking
- Google Search Console:- In GSC, you can see the keyword queries which bring users to your site, as well as the number of impressions, clicks, and CTR you’re getting for each keyword.
- Advance Web Ranking:- Advanced Web Ranking is an SEO software suite whose main objective is to provide services on tracking, managing, and reporting of sites on search engines.
- Authority Labs:- Its a premium keyword tracking tool. Its basic feature is to track Google, Bing, and Yahoo SERPs, Views estimated search volume for your tracked keywords, view daily ranking charts for a selected keyword.